Message Lun 18 Mar 2013 14:48

PUB

Gemfields and Mila Kunis Celebrate 2013 Global Launch
Categories: Business, Press Releases, STATEMENTS Comments: No

Gemfields London Launch Ian Harebottle CEO of Gemfields with Mila Kunis
Jewellery collection features Zambian emeralds and amethysts

Gemfields, the world’s leading coloured gemstone producer, is thrilled to unveil a truly one-of-a-kind set of fine jewellery collaborations with 36 leading international designers.
The jewellery features Zambian emeralds from the Kagem mine in Lufwanyama and amethysts from the Kariba mine, both of which are owned by Gemfields in partnership with the Zambian government.
This spectacular set of designer collaborations underscores not only the beauty of the gemstones, but the range of shades, shapes and sizes that make up Gemfields’ portfolio. From precision cuts, cabochons that look like candy to slices that are ruggedly organic, each Gemfields Zambian emerald, Mozambican ruby and Zambian amethyst was the starting point for a bespoke creation.
“Although Gemfields doesn’t make jewellery, they work with a wide range of international designers to create one-of-a-kind pieces from their ethically-soured emeralds and rubies,” says Mila Kunis. “I’ve loved wearing these pieces on the red carpet because they are all so unique and they stand for Gemfields’ mission of responsible sourcing.”
“We are honoured to work with such a broad range of extraordinary talent from around the world,” says Ian Harebottle, Gemfields CEO. “While we normally focus on the gemstones, and not the finished jewellery, it’s hugely gratifying to see our ethically-sourced rare coloured gems come to life through the unique visions of our partner jewellers.”
The collection will debut in London at Phillips Auction House, travelling next through India and finally to Las Vegas, where it will be displayed at the Couture show in May. The pieces, ranging in retail price from US$1,130 to US$750,000, reflect the bold aesthetic of each designer in the form of fine jewellery.
To coincide with the launch of this project, Gemfields is unveiling a new global advertising campaign featuring brand ambassador Mila Kunis wearing ethically-sourced Zambian emeralds and Mozambican rubies, shot by Mario Sorrenti in Los Angeles.
As well as developing proprietary product and practices, Gemfields is committed to bolstering the coloured gemstone sector, especially emphasising the rare, unique qualities of coloured gems. Emeralds, for example, are more than 20 times scarcer than diamonds, although arguably infinitely more exciting, made up of countless microscopic fissures within in each stone. No two emeralds are the same.
PARTNER JEWELLERS
Alexandra Mor, Amrapali, Anndra Neen, Bina Goenka, Coomi, Dickson Yewn, Dominic Jones, Duffy, Fabergé, Farah Khan, Fernando Jorge, Hannah Martin, Hoorsenbuhs, Jasmine Alexander, Jayce Wong, Jordan Askill, Kara Ross, Kimberly McDonald, Mappin & Webb, Monica Vinader, Nam Cho, Natasha Collis, Octium, Parulina, Penny Winter, Robinson Pelham, Shaun Leane, Solange Azagury-Partridge, Stephen Webster, Sutra, Svetla, The Gem Palace, Theo Fennell, Wendy Yue, Wright &Teague, Zaiken.
GUESTS AT THE LAUNCH
Guests at last night’s launch included Mila Kunis, Jacquetta Wheeler, Amber Nuttall, Kristina Blahnik, Florence Brudenell-Bruce, Kamika Kapoor, Nina Naustdal and leading jewellery designers from around the world including: Theo Fennell, Stephen Webster, Shaun Leane, Dickson Yewn, Alexandra Mor, Hannah Martin, Duffy, Dominic Jones, Farah Khan, Bina Goenka and Monica Vinader.
ABOUT GEMFIELDS
Gemfields is the world’s foremost coloured gemstone producer, working at the intersection of exploration, mining and marketing. Given its emphasis on reliably supplied and ethically-produced coloured gems, Gemfields has pioneered the leading fair-trade, environmental, social and safety standards in the coloured gemstone sector. Gemfields’ unprecedented mine to market strategy through transparent partnerships with the world’s leading coloured gemstones dealers and manufacturers is a guarantee of the provenance of every gem. Business aside, Gemfields’ dedication to preserving the environment, nurturing relationships with local communities and upholding human rights remains paramount.
Kagem Mining Ltd in Lufwanyama is part of the Gemfields group of companies, a leading gemstone miner listed on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) of the London Stock Exchange (ticker: ‘GEM’). Gemfields owns 75 percent of the Kagem mine, in partnership with the Zambian government. In addition to the Kagem emerald mine, Gemfields has a 50 percent interest in the Kariba amethyst mine in Zambia. The company also owns controlling stakes in highly prospective ruby deposits in Mozambique and various licenses in Madagascar including ruby, emerald and sapphires deposits.