Message Mer 20 Fév 2013 19:13

Mila Kunis revealed as Gemfields global ambassador

Gemfields has announced US actress Mila Kunis as its global brand ambassador, with the starlet featuring as the face of Gemfield's latest advertising campaigns.

Kunis was described as "a natural fit" for Gemfields, chosen for her beauty, versatility, intelligence and love of rare coloured gems.

The actress recently visited Gemfields' emerald mines in Zambia, touring its Kagem mine where about 20% of the world's emeralds are said to be produced.

She was accompanied by Gemfields' chief executive Ian Harebottle, and spent time learning about Gemfields' environmentally-friendly mining practices. She also visited several Gemfields-sponsored community projects, including schools and a farming cooperative.

Harebottle said of the announcement: “As a company we are passionate about colour and fully committed to ethics, transparency and the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate, and finding the right partner who shares these values was vitally important.

"Mila has blown me away with her energy, enthusiasm and dedication. Her individuality and the natural way in which she expresses her humanity set her apart.”

Kunis was photographed by Mario Sorrenti and styled by Anastasia Barbieri for the Gemfields campaign. She was shot wearing one-of-a-kind emerald and ruby jewellery created by six of Gemfields’ designer partners - Alexandra Mor, Amrapali, Dominic Jones, The Gem Palace, Sutra and Fabergé, the latter acquired by Gemfields earlier this year.

Kunis said of her time with Gemfields: “While in Africa, I learned that the entire journey that each Gemfields stone takes is carefully considered and that the environment and the local communities where its mines are located are held in the highest regard.

“I truly believe in Gemfields’ mission of ethical mining, and I absolutely have fallen in love with the rarity, beauty and history of emeralds.”

The mining company's global campaign is set to run in publications including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Bazaar and W. These are just part of many initiatives in Gemfields' consumer campaign set to be rolled out in 2013.

A revamped Gemfields website will launch this spring and Gemfields will also release a large format book on emeralds in 2013.

In March the brand will debut a collection of exclusive coloured gemstone jewellery designed in collaboration with 37 international designers.