Message Lun 15 Oct 2012 21:22

Extrait plan stratégique

KML is an amethyst asset owned 50% by Gemfields Limited and 50% by the Government of the Republic of Zambia.

ZCCM-IH has accepted the offer to purchase the 50% GRZ shareholding in KML.
ZCCM-IH plans to invest U$11.3million (ZMK53.3 billion) for the purchase of shares and recapitalization of the operations of the Mapatizya Amethyst Mine operated by KML.

ZCCM-IH will carry out a further review of the amethyst reserves and resources of the Mapatizya amethyst mine and also embark on exploration diamond drilling that will help ascertain the extent of the Amethyst reserves and resources in the first three years of this strategic plan. In a bid to improve the operations of the mine, ZCCM-IH will work on the restructuring of the labour force by engaging skilled and experienced manpower.

The Company will endeavor to redesign the mining method and assist to acquire equipment which is ideal for the operations. ZCCM-IH will also be involved in the operations designs to ensure that productivity is matched with the level of capitalization by constantly visiting the operations to provide technical expertise.

Kariba Minerals Limited - US$2.8 million (K14, 000 million) in KML for acquisition of 50% shareholding in 2011-2012. The company intends to recapitalize KML with an injection of a further US$4.65 million (K39, 682 million) in 2011-2012.

In 2012-2013, it's said in the strategic plan that ZCCM-IH will also invest : K38,500 million