Jinchun buys Chibuluma copper mine in Zambia

<<

bingogo

Avatar de l’utilisateur

Administrateur du site

Messages: 4379

Inscription: Jeu 30 Juil 2009 16:48

Localisation: la seyne sur mer

Message Mer 5 Oct 2011 07:14

Jinchun buys Chibuluma copper mine in Zambia

35 times viewed.
Wednesday, 05 Oct 2011


China’s Jinchun Group Limited has paid USD 1.36 billion to buy off 100% equity in Chibuluma mine, a former subsidiary of South Africa’s Metorex Mining, in a conditional take over initiative.

According to Zambia Competition and Consumers Protection Commission board, Jinchuan Group Limited has bought off the remaining 15% earlier held by Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines Investment Holdings on behalf of the government.

The sale entails that Jinchuan Mining Limited has literally bought additional 85% equity, initially owned by ZCCM IH which it retained at the time Metorex Limited operated and owned the miner based in Kalulushi on the Copperbelt region of the Southern African nation.

Spokesperson Mr Brian Lingela said Tuesday that the board had approved conditional disposal of all shares Metorex had in Chibuluma mine during its meeting on 30 September.

The new shares will now be absorbed through Newshelf, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jinchuan Group Limited, a decision the antitrust body stated was okayed for lack of competition concerns in the production and selling of copper and cobalt in Zambia by the miner. Metorex currently owns 85% in Chibuluma mine.

According to the antitrust body, the Chinese miner, Jinchuan Group Limited, which also owns a stake in the Munali Nickel miner in Zambia, offered to acquire 100%equity in Metorex for approximately for
a value of USD 1.36 billion.

Metorex owns 85% shares in Chibuluma Mine with the remaining 15% shares owned by the Government of Zambia through the Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines Investment Holdings (ZCCM-IH).
<<

phili675

Avatar de l’utilisateur

Messages: 1860

Inscription: Mar 8 Sep 2009 08:03

Message Lun 10 Oct 2011 13:20

Thier. sur bourzo

news zonebourse : Le minier su
Auj. à 13:07
Cuivre : Le minier sud-africain Metorex bientôt sous pavillon chinois
(Commodesk.com) Les autorités sud-africaines et zambiennes ont approuvé le plan de rachat, par le géant chinois Jinchuan (nickel, cuivre et cobalt principalement), de la compagnie minière sud-africaine Metorex (cuivre et cobalt), a expliqué celle-ci la semaine dernière, précisant que les négociations se prolongeront jusqu'au 11 janvier 2012.

L'opération, annoncée en juin, représente pour Jinchuan un investissement de 845 millions d'euros (9 milliards de rands). Elle nécessite encore l'aval des autorités chinoises. De son côté, le ministère zambien des Finances devra également revoir à la baisse les participations qu'il détient dans la mine zambienne de Chibuluma, propriété de Metorex (qui possède aussi quatre autres sites en République démocratique du Congo). Et la "Securities and Exchange Commission" de Zambie doit aussi libérer Jinchuan de son obligation de faire une offre à la compagnie étatique Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines - Investments Holdings (ZCCM-IH) et au ministère zambien des Finances, en partant du principe que ceux-ci aient renoncé à leurs droits sur ce projet.

En 2010, Jinchuan extrayait 10.000 tonnes de cobalt et 40.000 tonnes de cuivre, soit respectivement 11% et 2,35% de la production mondiale. Entre juillet 2009 et décembre 2010, Metorex a, quant à elle, produit 5.000 tonnes de cobalt et 76.000 tonnes de cuivre, soit 7% des capacités africaines.
<<

mgauthi4

Messages: 3614

Inscription: Dim 6 Sep 2009 20:50

Message Lun 10 Oct 2011 15:03

Re: Jinchun buys Chibuluma copper mine in Zambia

les opérations se font crise ou pas .....

chinois roulent toujours aussi vite ...

:-))

Retourner vers About Chibuluma - Metorex

cron
Powered by phpBB - Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore - Traduction par: phpBB-fr.com