Message Jeu 8 Sep 2022 22:12

NFC Africa Mine records a reduction in copper production

NFC Africa Mine has recorded a 7577.7 decrease in its copper metal content production at its Chambishi area of Kalulushi on the Copperbelt for the mid-year of 2022.

According to information obtained by the Zambian Business Times-ZBT, from the Zambia Chamber of Mines, the Chinese owned mine’s production for January to June 2022 was 28,396.76 metric tonnes (MT) compared to 35,974.46 MT in the same period in 2021.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with the Zambian Business Times-ZBT, NFC Africa Mine Assistant Chief Executive Officer John Mtonga said the reduction is as a result of the optimisation works that are continuing at South East Ore Body (SEOB) underground adding that the SEOB was commissioned in 2018.

Mtonga said NFCA targets to produce 25,000 tonnes copper metal in concentrate annually from the Main and West Ore Body (MWOB) site and 60,000 tonnes annually copper metal in concentrate from the SEOB site.

Assistant CEO said NFC Africa Mine’s focus is toward achieving the targets at SEOB in the shortest possible time.

NFC Africa Mining PLC is an international mining company with its core business in the development of non-ferrous metals.

NFCA Africa Mining Plc was established in March 1998 as the holding company of Chambishi Copper Mine as part of the privatization of Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines Limited ZCCM.

The Chambishi based copper mine, is majority owned by China Non-ferrous Metals Company Limited (CNMC), which holds an 85% shareholding stake, whilst ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc holds a 15% shareholding stake.
Qui me trompe une fois, honte à lui ; qui me trompe deux fois, honte à moi.