New Albidon Mine owners pledge to resume full scale operatio

<<

bingogo

Administrateur du site

Message Jeu 27 Aoû 2009 09:29

New Albidon Mine owners pledge to resume full scale operatio

New Albidon Mine owners pledge to resume full scale operations
Written by Henry Chibulu in Mazabuka
THE Chinese investor taking over operations of the closed Albidon Nickel Mine in Mazabuka has pledged to resume full scale operations following the successful completion of negotiations with the Zambian government.

Jinchuan Group, Asia's largest nickel producer, has indicated that it was in a hurry to resume operations at Munali.

General manager Xin Xining told Mazabuka district commissioner Tyson Hamaamba when he paid a courtesy on him that full scale operations would resume once a work plan submitted to the mine’s board of directors had been approved.

He said under the plan, management sought to bring in modern equipment, Chinese technical staff, more funding for re-investment to the mine and recruitment of local people through job opportunities.

Xin said all expatriate technical staff would go back to China after local people had been trained on how to operate and maintain the modern mine equipment.

He said the mine management would also continue with the resettlement programme of people who were displaced as a result of the opening of Munali Nickel Mine.

Xin further said Jinxhaun would build a school, clinic and help the community in boosting agriculture activities as earlier agreed with the previous management of Albidon.

And Hamaamba said the people of Mazabuka were happy with the government for working hard to find an investor to run the closed mine.

Hamaamba said the reopening of the mine would create job opportunities and add value to the economic status of the district.

He said the people were particularly impressed with President Rupiah Banda for wooing Chinese investors to take over the running of the mine.

Hamaamba however, advised the mine management to always keep his office informed on any developments, whether good or bad.

Albidon mine recently failed to secure financing for operations at Munali Nickel Mine at a time when nickel prices on the international market hit a record low last year. This forced the mine, which has since been taken over by Jinchuan which was at the time a shareholder, to be placed under care and maintenance.
<<

Clint

Message Mar 1 Sep 2009 18:28

ZAMBIE Redémarrage de Munali

N° 209 02/09/2009

ZAMBIE
Redémarrage de Munali

Inaugurée en 2008 par Albidon, puis fermée en raison de la chute des cours, la mine de nickel de Munali devrait rouvrir sous la direction du Jinchuan Group chinois.

http://www.africaintelligence.fr/AMF/de ... e=A_INDIGO
« L'aventure n'existe pas. Elle est dans l'esprit de celui qui la poursuit, et dès qu'il peut la toucher du doigt, elle s'évanouit pour renaître bien plus loin, sous une autre forme, aux limites de l'imagination. »
( Pierre Mac Orlan )

Retourner vers About Munali nickel mine - Albidon Zambia Limited