Message Jeu 5 Déc 2013 14:09

State to re-assess Collum Mine

State to re-assess Collum Mine

Posted December 4, 2013 by Diran Chama
By MAIMBOLWA MULIKELELA -
THE Government will re-evaluate the Collum Coal Mine in an effort to end a standoff which arose as a result of the differences in the value of the mine assets, Mines, Energy and Water Development Minister Christopher Yaluma has said.
Mr Yaluma said to conclude the transfer of assets to the Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines-Investment Holding (ZCCM-IH), an independent evaluator would be engaged to re-asses the assets for Collum Coal Mine to end a dispute.
Mr Yaluma said negotiations on the transfer of Collum Coal Mine assets to ZCCM-IH had failed to take off due to a dispute in the value of the mine assets.
Recently, the Government announced that the negotiations on the transfer of mine assets to the new owners ZCCM-IH have reached a stand off and that the Chinese were demanding more money from the Government on their assets.
Mr Yaluma told Journalists in Lusaka that it was important that the assets for the mine were transferred to new owners ZCCM-IH for continued operation.
He the Government would engage a private evaluator to redo the exercise to ascertain the new value.
“We have not yet concluded the negotiations. We had a series of meetings and the last one we had was one month ago and we are trying to arrive at a figure of how much the assets for Collum Coal Mine would be paid for and we are trying to negotiate so that we can pay them but we have not yet came to any agreement at all,” he said.
Mr Yaluma said: “ZCCM-IH would engage a private evaluator and give them an opportunity for an outsider to put a price to that asset in that way they will not shout foul. As it is for now it has been very hard we could not agree”.
Ce que l'on conçoit bien, s'énonce clairement, Et les mots pour le dire arrivent aisément. BOILEAU