<<

LesCrozes

Membre d'honneur

Message Lun 22 Déc 2014 16:25

Ex-Collum Mine Owners Won't Be Compensated

Ex-Collum Mine Owners Won't Be Compensated
By Maimbolwa Mulikelela

http://allafrica.com/stories/201412220786.html

ZCCM -Investment Holding (IH) will not compensate the former owners of Collum Coal Mine and has since requested them to remove their assets from the mine site.

Mines, Energy and Water Development Minister Christopher Yaluma said after several attempts to resolve a standoff between the former owners of the mine and ZCCM-IH, it had become imperative that they remove their assets at the mine site because the Government would not be able to compensate them.

Early this year, the Government had appointed an independent evaluator to determine the value of Collum Coal Mine in Sinazongwe in Southern Province to assist resolve the standoff.

This was meant to determine the actual value of the mine in which the Chinese company is alleged to have over-valued it and seeking compensation.

The 12,000 tonnes per annum producer of the heating substance chiefly used by the mines for production of various metals including cement, was shut down in February last year.

It was alleged to have among other concerns been flouting labour laws, poor safety and sanitary record at place of work and failure to remit taxes to the Government.

Addressing journalists in Lusaka, Mr Yaluma said the Government was no longer interested in buying the assets saying that any new investor would have to bring their own assets.

"ZCCM-IH has asked the former Chinese owners to remove their assets at the mine area so that ZCCM-IH can begin to look for a new investor to take up the operation. You must understand that we have failed to reach an agreement regarding how much we should compensate them for their assets.

"The former Chinese owners are requesting more for their assets and we engaged an independent evaluator to come up with the actual value but this has not helped much," he said.

He said some investors have expressed interest to invest in the Collum Coal mine but it was important to conclude the issues of the assets with the former owners before another investor could be engaged.

"ZCCM IH is paying a lot of money to ensure that the mine is kept under care and maintenance and would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We want to use the money for something else because they are spending for something they are unable to reap the benefit," Mr Yaluma
Ce que l'on conçoit bien, s'énonce clairement, Et les mots pour le dire arrivent aisément. BOILEAU
<<

mbury

Localisation: Nord de l'Alsace, dans le Parc Régional des Vosges du nord

Message Lun 22 Déc 2014 20:33

Re: Ex-Collum Mine Owners Won't Be Compensated

Une bonne chose, je le suppose du moins...
Vos avis?
<<

LesCrozes

Membre d'honneur

Message Lun 22 Déc 2014 23:02

Oui bien sur.
Les politiques ont mis des bâtons dans les roues dans cette affaire qui n'a que trop tardé.
Le nouveau CEO a décidé d'exiger que Collum vide les lieux.
Apparemment, le ministre des mines a ratifié sa décision.
Dommage pour les pots de vins qu'espérait XXX de la part de Monsieur CHU, le propriétaire de Collum, qui réclamait le retour de sa mine.
Ce que l'on conçoit bien, s'énonce clairement, Et les mots pour le dire arrivent aisément. BOILEAU
<<

mbury

Localisation: Nord de l'Alsace, dans le Parc Régional des Vosges du nord

Message Lun 22 Déc 2014 23:13

Le CEO a donc du courage, de l'envergure et veut aller de l'avant. Son CV parle pour lui... il faudrait maintenant lui attribuer qqs titres ou stocks-options...sur Paris!

Retourner vers About Nkandabwe Coal Mine (ex Collum)