Alberg to open zinc mine

<<

bingogo

Administrateur du site

Message Mer 18 Jan 2012 08:46

Alberg to open zinc mine

By KALONDE NYATI
ALBERG Mining and Minerals Exploration Limited in Kabwe is tipped to commence operations following Government’s announcement that it will soon issue a mining licence to the mine.
Minister of Mines Wilbur Simuusa said the development follows successful negotiations with ZCCM-Investment Holdings (IH), which held shares in the Kabwe zinc mine.
Negotiations between ZCCM-IH and the Alberg Mining and Minerals Exploration Limited started in July 2008 but took long to be concluded due to a number of issues that needed to be considered and addressed.
The issues included ownership of the surface rights of the Kabwe lead and zinc mine.
Mr Simuusa said the licence of transfer will be issued soon after the suspension of the issuance of mining and non-mining rights is lifted.
He said this in an interview in Lusaka recently.
“ZCCM-IH and Alberg successfully completed negotiations and the issuance of the licence of transfer awaits the lifting of the issuance of mining and non-mining rights,” he said.
Mr Simuusa, however, warned Alberg mine and other mining firms that Government will revoke licences if, the mining companies do not start operations within 12 months.
“Operations must commence within 12 months of issuing the licence or else the licence will be revoked…the mining firms should ensure that they submit their plan,carry out the Environment Impact Assement, carry out explorations and commence operations,” he said.
<<

Laf1986

Message Mer 18 Jan 2012 23:05

Re: Alberg to open zinc mine

"Alberg Mining Ltd. owns and operates lead and zinc mining rights to 703 hectares and a deposit of about 22 million tones in Kabwe. The company is based in South Africa. As of July 14, 2011, Alberg Mining Ltd. operates as a subsidiary of Berkeley Mineral Resources plc."

Retourner vers ZCCM-IH