Singapore firm buys shares in Maamba By KASUBA MULENGA GOV

<<

bingogo

Administrateur du site

Message Sam 19 Déc 2009 20:34

Singapore firm buys shares in Maamba By KASUBA MULENGA GOV

Singapore firm buys shares in Maamba

By KASUBA MULENGA

GOVERNMENT has signed an agreement with Nava Bharat Singapore (NBS) Plc for the purchase of 65 percent shares in Maamba Collieries in Southern Province at a cost of over K122 billion (US$26 million).

Minister of Finance and National Planning Situmbeko Musokotwane announced this during the signing ceremony held at his office in Lusaka yesterday.

Dr Musokotwane said due to the difficulties employees at Maamba Collieries are experiencing, a decision had to be taken by Government that Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines Investment Holdings (ZCCM-IH) plc takes over the mine to lay ground for private sector participation.

“This has been done and this is why today marks an important milestone in the history of coal mining in Zambia in general and Maamba Collieries in particular,” he said.

Dr Musokotwane said Government is confident that the sale of 65 percent shares in the mine to NBS Plc will inject a new life in the company and in Maamba district.

NBS Plc is a company incorporated in Singapore with mining and power production operations in India and Indonesia.

The minister said NBS Plc will pay ZCCM-IH a cash consideration of US$26 million for the 65 percent shares in Maamba Collieries.

He said it should, however, be noted that because the liabilities of the coal mine have been increasing, the actual cash consideration payable to Government through ZCCM-IH will be determined by the outcome of the completion audit to be finalised by mid January next year.

Dr Musokotwane said Government through ZCCM-IH will retain 35 percent shares and a golden share in the privatised coal mine to ensure continued development of the firm.

He said because the mine is currently insolvent with credit of over US$50 million, Government will no longer be directly responsible for the liability.
Dr Musokotwane said Maamba Collieries itself under NBS Plc management and part owners ZCCM-IH will work towards liquidating the indebtedness once the company’s cash flows become healthy.

The minister said once the privatised coal mine establishes a track record of profitability and meets listing criteria, up to 25 percent shares will be offered to the public through the Lusaka Stock Exchange.

He said the transaction will ensure that existing jobs at the mine are sustained while those who retired will have their benefits attended to as the company’s operations improve.

Dr Musokotwane said the mine will be redeveloped at a cost of about US$93 million and a further development of a new 300 megawatts thermal power plant will be constructed at a cost of about US$420 million.

“Both Nava Bharat and ZCCM-IH have committed to invest a sum equivalent to US$6 million per annum when Maamba Collieries attains the targeted maximum capacity production of two million tonnes of washed coal per annum,” he said.

The minister said the agreement is good as it clearly protects the interests of both Zambians and the investor and congratulated the negotiating teams that arrived at the equitable deal.

He said the transaction is in line with Government’s commitment to ensuring that the private sector is at the centre stage of economic activities in the country.

Dr Musokotwane said Government’s objective in the privatisation programme is to ensure privately run and viable enterprises are amenable to infusion of new capital investment.

The minister said Government would like to see the private sector playing more significant roles in its social responsibility programmes and urged new owners of Maamba Collieries to plough back into the community.

And NBS plc chairman Ashok Devineni said he appreciated the professional and transparent manner adopted by ZCCM-IH, the Zambia Development Agency negotiating team and Government in the entire process of selling Maamba Collieries.

Mr Devineni said Maamba Collieries has been a loss making company for several years and that it is a stressed company located in a relatively underdeveloped region of the country.

“The task of revitalising the company poses several challenges both at the site and in the geographical region for which Nava Bharat is geared up. We, however, deem that this calls for a well rounded approach involving proactive support and concerted efforts by all stakeholders for a win-win situation to emerge,” he said.

ZCCM-IH board chairman Alfred Lungu said his organisation purchased 100 percent shares of Maamba Collieries in November 2007 and wanted to find a strategic partner to rejuvenate operations at the mine and develop a new thermal power plant.

Mr Lungu said when it reaches full production level, the mine will produce sufficient coal for local consumption and export.

He said investment in a thermal power plant will help cushion the electricity deficit the country is currently experiencing.
<<

tomblan

Message Sam 19 Déc 2009 23:13

Re: Singapore firm buys shares in Maamba By KASUBA MULENGA GOV

Une Entreprise singapourienne acquiert (paspourrien) des actions de Maamba(

Par Kasuba MULENGA

Gouvernement a signé un accord avec Nava Bharat Singapour (NBS) Plc pour l'achat de 65 parts pour cent dans les charbonnages Maamba dans le sud de la province à un coût de plus de K122 de dollars (US $ 26 millions).

Le ministre des Finances et du Plan national Situmbeko Musokotwane annoncé ce lors de la cérémonie de signature organisée à son bureau à Lusaka hier.

Dr Musokotwane dit aux employés en raison des difficultés à l'Collieries Maamba vivons, une décision devait être prise par le gouvernement que la Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines Investment Holdings (ZCCM-IH) plc prend le relais de la mine de jeter au sol pour la participation du secteur privé.

"Cela a été fait et c'est pourquoi aujourd'hui marque un jalon important dans l'histoire des mines de charbon en Zambie en général et Collieries Maamba en particulier", dit-il.

Dr Musokotwane dit gouvernement est confiant que la vente de 65 parts pour cent dans la mine de NBS Plc va injecter une nouvelle vie dans la société et dans le district de Maamba.

NBS Plc est une société enregistrée à Singapour aux opérations de production minière et de la puissance en Inde et en Indonésie.

Le ministre a dit NBS Plc paiera ZCCM-IH une contrepartie en espèces de 26 millions $ US pour les actions de 65 pour cent dans les charbonnages Maamba.

Selon lui, il convient toutefois de noter qu'en raison du passif de la mine de charbon ont augmenté, la contrepartie en espèces réel payable au gouvernement par ZCCM-IH sera déterminé par le résultat de l'audit d'achèvement doit être finalisé d'ici la mi Janvier de l'année prochaine .

Dr Musokotwane dit gouvernement par ZCCM-IH conservera 35 parts pour cent et une part d'or dans la mine de charbon privatisées à assurer le développement continu de l'entreprise.

Il a dit que parce que la mine est actuellement en faillite avec le crédit de plus de 50 millions $ US, le gouvernement ne sera plus directement responsable de la responsabilité.
Dr Musokotwane Collieries Maamba dit lui-même sous NBS Management Plc et une partie des propriétaires ZCCM-IH œuvrera à la liquidation de la dette une fois que le flux de trésorerie de la société deviennent en bonne santé.

Le ministre a dit une fois que la mine de charbon privatisées établit un historique de rentabilité et respecte des critères d'inscription, en hausse à 25 parts pour cent restants seront offerts au public grâce à la Bourse de Lusaka.

Il a dit que la transaction sera d'assurer que les emplois actuels à la mine ont soutenue, tandis que ceux ayant pris leur retraite verront leurs prestations ont assisté à titre d'activités de l'entreprise s'améliore.

Dr Musokotwane dit, la mine sera réaménagé pour un coût d'environ US $ 93 millions et un développement ultérieur d'une usine de 300 nouveaux mégawatts d'énergie thermique sera construite à un coût d'environ US $ 420 millions.

"Les deux Nava Bharat et ZCCM-IH sont engagés à investir une somme équivalant à US $ 6 millions par an, lorsque Collieries Maamba atteint la capacité maximale de production ciblés de deux millions de tonnes de charbon lavé par an", dit-il.

Le ministre a déclaré que l'accord est bon car il protège clairement les intérêts des deux Zambiens et l'investisseur et l'a félicité les équipes de négociation qui sont arrivés à la transaction équitable.

Il a dit que la transaction est conforme à l'engagement du gouvernement à assurer que le secteur privé est au centre de la scène des activités économiques dans le pays.

Dr Musokotwane dit objectif du Gouvernement dans le programme de privatisation est d'assurer la gestion privée et les entreprises viables se prêtent à la perfusion de l'investissement de nouveaux capitaux.

Le ministre dit gouvernement aimerait voir le secteur privé joue plusieurs rôles importants dans ses programmes de responsabilité sociale et a exhorté les nouveaux propriétaires de mines de charbon Maamba à réinvestir dans la communauté.

Et plc NBS Président Ashok Devineni dit qu'il a apprécié la façon professionnelle et transparente adoptée par ZCCM-IH, l'Agence zambienne de développement équipe de négociation et de gouvernement dans l'ensemble du processus de vente Collieries Maamba.

M. Devineni dit Collieries Maamba a été une entreprise déficitaire depuis plusieurs années et qu'il s'agit d'une entreprise chinoise a souligné situé dans une région relativement sous-développées du pays.

"La tâche de revitaliser la société pose plusieurs défis à la fois sur le site et dans la région géographique pour laquelle Nava Bharat est favorisée. Nous, cependant, estiment que ce qui appelle une approche bien arrondis impliquant un soutien dynamique et des efforts concertés par tous les acteurs pour un partenariat gagnant-gagnant à émerger, dit-il.

ZCCM-IH président du conseil Alfred Lungu a déclaré que son organisation a acheté 100 parts pour cent des Collieries Maamba en Novembre 2007 et voulait trouver un partenaire stratégique pour rajeunir l'exploitation de la mine et de développer une nouvelle centrale thermique.

M. Lungu dit quand elle atteint le niveau de production maximale, la mine produira suffisamment de charbon pour la consommation locale et l'exportation.

Il a dit que l'investissement dans une centrale thermique vous aidera à amortir le déficit d'électricité qui connaît le pays actuellement.
<<

jbd48

Message Lun 21 Déc 2009 15:31

Re: Singapore firm buys shares in Maamba By KASUBA MULENGA GOV

26 m$ alors qu'il était prévu 350 M$ dans la com Navha Bharat d' il y a 3 mois... Bof, bof!
Ca nous fait a peine 14 M$ pour nos 35% (plus une golden share quand même...)
Ah c'qu'elle est courue, la pêche, la pêche, ah c'qu'elle est courue, la pêche à la morue.

Retourner vers About Maamba -Nava Bharat