Maamba Collieries to review workers’salaries

<<

LesCrozes

Membre d'honneur

Message Jeu 3 Nov 2011 11:51

By NANCY MWAPE

MAAMBA Collieries Limited (MCL) has engaged a human resource consultant to carry out a salary review exercise for its mine workers in comparison with other mines with a view of increasing salaries.
The salary review exercise is expected to be completed by the end of this month.
MCL head of corporate affairs Janardhan Lavu said next month, the company will award its workers an increment despite the mine not producing any coal.
The company commenced mining activities in May 2011, by removing soft overburden material after procuring new mining equipment.
In July 2011, the mining contractor started the recruitment of workforce.
Mr Lavu said whilst the salary review is being undertaken, the company increased salaries for its workers by 40 percent, which was implemented last month.
He further said that MCL also plans to increase perks for teachers under the Maamba Private School by 80 percent effective January 2012. The school is currently managed by the mine.
MCL has introduced the Maamba Development Trust to run the non core business of the firm like the school and other community services.
“Management is committed to running the school and will endeavour to provide learning and teaching aids to uplift education standards at the school,” he said.
He said MCL has brought renewed hope for the people of Maamba as it embarks on a massive journey of reviving Maamba mine.
In 2008, ZCCM-IH bought 100 percent share holding of MCL from Government and in April 2010, Nava Bharat Singapore Limited acquired 65 percent stake in the company with the total management control.
MCL mine, located in the Southern Province of Zambia, with its deposit lying in the Gwembe Valley of the Zambezi River system is at the base of the escarpment that forms the northwest sine of the Gwembe valley.

Last Updated ( Wednesday, 02 November 2011 16:47 )
Ce que l'on conçoit bien, s'énonce clairement, Et les mots pour le dire arrivent aisément. BOILEAU
<<

mgauthi4

Message Jeu 3 Nov 2011 13:58

Re: Maamba Collieries to review workers’salaries

cool ...

du social

indispensable pour un pays comme la zambie

Retourner vers About Maamba -Nava Bharat