Maamba Collieries production starts next year

<<

bingogo

Administrateur du site

Message Lun 25 Avr 2011 16:16

Maamba Collieries production starts next year

By Business Reporter

MAAMBA Collieries will start production in the first-quarter of 2012 following commencement of the recapitalisation programme.
And once in operation, the mine has identified the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Tanzania as export destinations for the coal.
Ministry of Mines and Minerals director safety department Mooya Lubamba said machinery was being installed and would be producing the black mineral to support other sectors of the economy soon.
Mr Lubamba said in an interview that the mine located in Siavonga District in Southern Province was undergoing massive rehabilitations and that most of the equipment had been installed.
“The restarting of operations at Maamba Coal Mine is well on track. We expect to start normal production in the first quarter of next year. This will also see the country exporting to Tanzania and Congo,” he said.
The revival of the mine comes after the sale of 65 per cent shares to Nava Bhaart at a cost of US$ 26 million in 2009.
Mr Lubamba said with the new equipment in place, the mine had overcome the biggest challenge faced for a long time and it would start contributing to the growth of the economy.
He said operating at full capacity, the mine was able to meet the Zambia’s industrial demand and even export the mineral to other countries in the region.
The Government through Zambia Consolidated Copper Mine-Investment Holdings (ZCCM-IH) has retained 35 per cent golden share in the privatised mine.
Maamba Collieries has developed 300 mega watts thermal power at the mine.
<<

LesCrozes

Membre d'honneur

Message Mar 26 Avr 2011 00:44

Re: Maamba Collieries production starts next year

Voici un bel actif qui nous rapportera bientôt des sous.
Ce que l'on conçoit bien, s'énonce clairement, Et les mots pour le dire arrivent aisément. BOILEAU

Retourner vers About Maamba -Nava Bharat