100 million for Mamba !!

<<

bingogo

Administrateur du site

Message Ven 26 Mar 2010 07:41

100 million for Mamba !!

100 million for Mamba mine
GOVERNMENT has announced that NAVA BHARAT, the new strategic partner for Maamba Collieries, will inject about 108 Million United States in the recapitalisation of the coal mine.

NAVA BHARAT also intends to spend 500 Million US Dollars to develop a coal fire power plant with a generation capacity of 270 Mega Watts.

Mines Minister MAXWELL MWALE says the investment will see the installation of a new coal handling and washing plant.

Mr. MWALE said this in parliament yesterday when he gave a ministerial statement on the status of Maamba Collieries Limited.

He told the house that the power plant project will create about 150 additional jobs.

Mr. MWALE assured the nation that the mining company has NO intentions of laying off workers.

And responding to a question from Chipili Member of Parliament DAVIES MWILA, Mr. MWALE said all workers will be paid their salary arrears once a new board is ushered into office.

Mr. MWILA wanted to know when workers at the coal mine will be paid their outstanding five months' salary arrears.

NAVA BHARAT has acquired 65 per cent equity stake in Maamba Collieries Limited.
<<

bobded

Message Ven 26 Mar 2010 09:01

Re: 100 million for Mamba !!trad

00 millions pour Mamba!
100 millions pour le mien Mamba
Gouvernement a annoncé que Nava Bharat, le partenaire stratégique pour Collieries Maamba, permettra d'investir environ 108 millions Etats-Unis dans la recapitalisation de la mine de charbon.

Nava Bharat a également l'intention de consacrer 500 millions de US dollars pour développer une usine de feu de charbon de puissance avec une capacité de production de 270 Méga Watts.

Mines, M. MAXWELL MWALE dit l'investissement servira à l'installation d'un nouveau traitement du charbon et de lavage.

M. Mwale a déclaré cela au Parlement hier, quand il a fait une déclaration ministérielle sur l'état de Maamba Collieries Limited.

Il a dit à la Chambre que le projet de centrale créera quelque 150 emplois supplémentaires.

M. Mwale a assuré la nation que la compagnie minière n'a pas l'intention de licencier des travailleurs.

Et en répondant à une question du député de Chipili DAVIES Mwila, M. Mwale a dit tous les travailleurs seront payés leurs arriérés de salaire une fois qu'un nouveau conseil soit introduit dans le bureau.

M. MWILA voulais savoir quand les travailleurs à la mine de charbon sera payé les arriérés de salaire impayé de leurs cinq mois.

Nava Bharat a acquis 65 pour cent du capital d'équité dans Maamba Collieries Limited.
<<

phili675

Message Ven 22 Avr 2011 09:39

Re: 100 million for Mamba !!

Nava Barrat urged to respect labour laws
TIME PUBLISHED - Thursday, April 21, 2011, 12:37 pm
3 Comments288 views Email 1 mail Print
Minister of Mines and Minerals Development, Maxwell Mwale has warned Nava Barrat Limited, the new owners of Maamba Collieries Limited, to strictly observe Zambian labour laws and treat their employees properly.
Mr. Mwale said government was confident that Nava Barrat will revamp operations at the mine and employ more people.
He said the new owners of the mine should take into account government aspirations to give more jobs to Zambians especially those within Southern province.
He said the mines should work towards improving the lives of people in the province and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
Mr. Mwale said this after he toured Maamba Collieries Limited yesterday.
And Maamba Collieries Limited Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mumba Kalunga disclosed that Nava Barrat has so far spent over US$26 million in rehabilitating the mine and getting it ready for full operations in September this year.
Mr. Kalunga told the minister that the company will spend a total of US$700 million in the first phase of the rehabilitation project.
He said the company was working hard to ensure that a new mine was completed soon to start full operations.
He explained that the mine has since paid almost all the outstanding debts it owed and retained 140 employees.
He added that the company will engage another 100 employees once full mining operations start.
Mr. Kalunga further said more people will be employed by the sub-contractors adding that once the three phases of the mining establishment have been completed, over 1,200 people will get jobs at the mines.
Nava Barrat owns 65 percent of shares in Maamba Collieries Mine while 35 percent is owned by the Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines Investment Holding (ZCCM-IH)

Retourner vers About Maamba -Nava Bharat