Equinox : Appoints A. Wright as Managing Director of Lumwana

<<

cvarvois

Message Jeu 29 Oct 2009 21:12

Equinox : Appoints A. Wright as Managing Director of Lumwana

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: EQUINOX latest Press Release: “Appoints Adam Wright as Managing Director of Lumwana Mining Company Limited”:

Summary:

TORONTO, ON - Equinox Minerals Limited (TSX and ASX symbol: “EQN”) ("Equinox" or the “Company”) is pleased to report that Mr. Adam Wright has commenced in the position of Managing Director, Lumwana Mining Company Limited (“LMC”); Equinox’s wholly owned Zambian subsidiary.

Mr. Wright holds a Master’s Degree in Mineral Processing Engineering from the University of London. He has a strong track record of mine and processing operations, safety improvement, asset value optimization, community engagement and strategy implementation for both open pit and underground mine operations.

Mr. Wright has worked for over 21 years in copper, gold and silver mines in Canada, Venezuela, Australia and most recently, Papua New Guinea (“PNG”) in roles including both mine and mill management, maintenance and business development for groups such as Placer Dome Inc., Barrick Gold Corporation and Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd. More recently he has been involved in building the Hidden Valley Mine in PNG as Mine General Manager for the Newcrest Mining Limited and Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd joint venture. Mr. Wright replaces Mr. Harry Michael who resigned from the Company as reported on July 24, 2009.

Commenting, Craig Williams, Equinox President and CEO said: “We are very excited that Adam Wright has joined the Equinox team. Adam is a well regarded and highly experienced mining professional with expertise that will provide great benefit to the operational ramp up of the Lumwana copper mine. Harry Michael has played a key role in building Lumwana over the last five years during a very challenging period for the Company through the transition from developer to producer. I thank Harry for his outstanding contribution. We look forward to working with Adam in the operational phase at Lumwana; driving the mine towards realizing its full potential.”

Craig R. Williams - President & Chief Executive Officer

UNSUBSCRIBE: To unsubscribe to this mailing list, please click here and type “Unsubscribe” in the subject line or body of your email. Alternately, you may email my assistant with your removal requests: anna.hrazdira@equinoxminerals.com

Thank you for your interest in Equinox and the Lumwana Copper Mine.

Kind regards

KvN

Kevin J. van Niekerk

Vice President - Investor Relations

EQUINOX MINERALS LIMITED

155 University Avenue

Suite 1701

Toronto ON

M5H 3B7

Canada

Work: (416) 865-3393 x6226

Fax: (416) 865-3394

Mob: (416) 904-5340

www.equinoxminerals.com
<<

bingogo

Administrateur du site

Message Jeu 29 Oct 2009 21:25

Re: Equinox : Appoints A. Wright as Managing Director of Lumwana

lol !! j'ai cru que c'était albert !

avec tous ces départs ils vont bien finir par trouver un remplaçant à chikolwa...

le pb c'est qu'ils veulent un zambien...pour le moment
<<

cvarvois

Message Jeu 29 Oct 2009 22:18

Re: Equinox : Appoints A. Wright as Managing Director of Lumwana

Je n'avais pas remarqué la conséquence de l'amputation de l'intitulé... Il me manquait quelques caractères...

Dommage, la nouvelle aurait été incroyable !

Retourner vers About Lumwana - Equinox