KCM boosts Nchanga mine’s life

<<

Laf1986

Message Mer 3 Oct 2012 08:42

KCM boosts Nchanga mine’s life

*Miam !!!!*

By NKWETO MFULA
KONKOLA Copper Mine (KCM) is investing US$180 million in the Nchanga mine underground project to increase the lifespan and mining activities at the mine.
The mining giant has also budgeted US$15 million for exploration of minerals with a view to increasing the KCM presence in Zambia.
Briefing journalists in Chingola on Monday, company chief executive officer Jeyakumar Janakaraj said KCM will soon embark on the Nchanga deep project that will increase the lifespan of the underground mine to 35 years from the current 26 years.
“We are looking forward to the Nchanga underground project, we have set aside US$180 million for the programme, “he said.
Mr Janakaraj said the company is interested in venturing into exploration of copper for enhanced mining activities and plans on spending US$15 million for this project.
“We want to be everywhere in Zambia, we will be exploring for copper in other parts of the country,” he said.
Mr Janakaraj said KCM will approach Government for a mineral exploration licence for the company to go beyond the leach plant.
He said Zambia has enormous exploration opportunities which KCM wants to explore.
He said the company will be part to the growth of the mining industry across the country.
Meanwhile, the Konkola Deep Mine Project (KDMP) at Chililabombwe’s mine is progressing well and is expected to be completed before the end of 2012.

“A lot of people have doubted the completion of the historic project in Chililabombwe. Our target now is to soon complete the ongoing KDMP project, it is progressing very well,” he said.
He said once the project is completed, the lifespan for Chililabombwe KCM mine will be increased to 35 years from 26 years.
KCM has a total of 23,000 employees at its mines in Chingola and Chililabombwe.
Mr Janakaraj said KCM employs between 350 to 400 people every year.
<<

mbury

Localisation: Nord de l'Alsace, dans le Parc Régional des Vosges du nord

Message Mer 3 Oct 2012 09:11

Re: KCM boosts Nchanga mine’s life

Merci pour cette confirmation,
Rapidement Konkola Deep devrait augmenter la production de KCM, réduire les coûts de production, et par là, booster les profits...
Bonne journée MB
<<

Laf1986

Message Mer 3 Oct 2012 10:13

Re: KCM boosts Nchanga mine’s life

KCM budgets K75bn for explorations

KONKOLA Copper Mines (KCM) has set aside US$15 million (K75 billion) for mineral explorations in the country with a view of extending its inroads in the mining sector.

And KCM will next month complete the multi-billion dollar Konkola Deep Mining Project (KDMP) in Chililabombwe which will contribute significantly to Zambia’s overall copper production capacity.

KCM chief executive officer Jeyakumar Janakaraj said the K75 billion mineral explorations were aimed at expanding the company’s foot prints and enhance production.
Mr Janakaraj said the mineral explorations would be done in different parts of Zambia to ensure that the available mineral resource was fully exploited.

He said Zambia was endowed with abundant mineral resources and what was required were financial resources to enhance the mining activities in the country and increase copper production.

He said KCM had also spent K900 billion (USD $180 million) to expand and prolong the lifespan of the Nchanga underground operations.

Mr Janakaraj said what was important was to keep people in employment without the fear of thinking of copper as a wasting asset.

And the much talked about KDMP project is set for completion next month. Mr Janakaraj said 23,000 jobs would be created for the mine which was expected to
have a life span of 35 years.

He said people had doubts if KCM would finish the project but gladly the mining giant had fulfilled its dream.

The pro-active CEO said for the next 35 years, 300 people would be employed at the KDMP each year.

Retourner vers About Konkola KCM - Vedanta