Message Jeu 7 Juin 2012 08:04

Production à venir

Kansanshi to produce 700,000 tonnes copper
Posted by Editor on June 6, 2012 in Business · 0 Comments
KANSANSHI Mine Plc is targeting production of 700,000 tonnes of copper annually once its Kalumbila Mine project comes on stream.

Public relations manager Godfrey Msiska said at the 55 th Copperbelt Mining, Agriculture and Commercial Show in Kitwe that Kansanshi had the capacity of producing 250,000 tonnes of copper per year but with the coming of Kalumbila, the mine would be able to produce 700,000 tonnes per year.

“Kalumbila will be producing 300,000 tonnes of copper per year, so when we add the production from Kalumbila, the mine would be producing 700,000 tonnes of copper which is equivalent to the national output,” Mr Msiska said.

He said the mine was currently upgrading facilities which aimed to increase copper output to approximately 400,000 tonnes by 2015.

Mr Msiska said Kansanshi was on track in upgrading the facilities.

He said the multi-stage Kansanshi plant upgrade to an annual production capacity of 400,000 tonnes of copper, progressed well in the first quarter of 2012.

Mr Msiska said the mechanical construction for the oxide circuit 7.2 tonnes per annum upgrade was essentially complete.

He said the circuit commissioning of leach and counter current decantation elements commenced in April and was expected to be completed during quarter two of 2012. / Times of Zambia