Copper mine extends existing design work contract Zambia’s

<<

bingogo

Administrateur du site

Message Mar 15 Sep 2009 20:34

Copper mine extends existing design work contract Zambia’s

Copper mine extends existing design work contract

Zambia’s Konkola Copper Mines (KCM), a subsidiary of India’s Vedanta Resources, has extended its existing order for the design work on its Konkola No 4 shaft with multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm TWP Mining, almost doubling the value of TWP’s original contract to nearly R60-million.

TWP was awarded the design of the headgear, shaft steelworks and underground and shaft rock handling systems for the new No 4 shaft in June 2006. The 1490-m-deep shaft forms part of KCM’s Konkola deep-mining project.

TWP reports that it completed the design and scoping of the work for what is one of the two largest steel headgears in the world, at the end of 2008, as well as the shaft and new underground infrastructure to support the project.

The design of the station steelwork to the midshaft loading (MSL) level has now been completed. This includes 11 stations, with a total steel mass of about 600 t.

Commissioning of the MSL infrastructure at 1 000 m is scheduled for February 2010, allowing KCM to increase its production capability rapidly.

Design work on the remainder of the shaft infrastructure, including bottom shaft loading (BSL) level and MSL, as well as underground pumpstations, settlers, crushers and conveyors, will be completed by March 2010 - http://www.miningweekly.com.
<<

bobded

Message Mar 15 Sep 2009 23:02

trad

Une mine de cuivre s'étend conception des contrats de travail existants de la Zambie
Une mine de cuivre existante s'étend contrat de travail de conception

Zambie, Konkola Copper Mines (KCM), une filiale de Vedanta Resources de l'Inde, a étendu son ordre existant pour les travaux de conception sur ses Konkola Aucun arbre 4 avec cabinet de génie-conseil multidisciplinaire TWP Mining, doublant presque la valeur du contrat initial TWP à près R60 - millions d'euros.

TWP a été attribué à la conception des systèmes de coiffures, les aciéries arbre et underground et le rock arbre de manutention pour le nouveau puits no 4 en Juin 2006. Le 1490-m de profondeur d'arbre fait partie de Konkola Deep KCM-projet minier.

TWP rapports qu'elle a achevé la conception et la détermination de la portée de l'œuvre pour ce qui est l'un des deux plus grandes coiffes d'acier au monde, à la fin de 2008, ainsi que l'arbre et des infrastructures souterraines de nouveaux pour soutenir le projet.

La conception de la structure d'acier à la station de chargement Diaphyse (MSL) niveau est désormais terminée. Cela comprend 11 stations, avec une masse totale d'acier d'environ 600 t.

Mise en service de l'infrastructure de MSL à 1 000 m est prévue pour Février 2010, KCM permettant d'augmenter sa capacité de production rapidement.

Les travaux de conception sur le reste de l'infrastructure des puits, y compris lors du chargement de l'arbre du fond (BSL) niveau et MSL ainsi que pumpstations souterrains, des colons, broyeurs et des convoyeurs, sera terminé d'ici Mars 2010 - http://www.miningweekly.com.

Retourner vers About Konkola KCM - Vedanta