Message Sam 9 Juin 2012 09:17

Kansanshi to produce 700000 tonnes copper

http://www.steelguru.com/metals_news/Ka ... 67832.html

Saturday, 09 Jun 2012
EmailButton
Pdf_button

Times of Zambia reported that Kansanshi Mine Plc is targeting production of 700,000 tonnes of copper annually once its Kalumbila Mine project comes on stream.

Mr Godfrey Msiska Public relations manager of Kansanshi Mine said at the 55 th Copperbelt Mining, Agriculture and Commercial Show in Kitwe that Kansanshi had the capacity of producing 250,000 tonnes of copper per year but with the coming of Kalumbila the mine would be able to produce 700,000 tonnes per year.

Mr Msiska said that “Kalumbila will be producing 300,000 tonnes of copper per year, so when we add the production from Kalumbila, the mine would be producing 700,000 tonnes of copper which is equivalent to the national output. The mine was currently upgrading facilities which aimed to increase copper output to approximately 400,000 tonnes by 2015.”

He said that Kansanshi was on track in upgrading the facilities. The multi stage Kansanshi plant upgrade to an annual production capacity of 400,000 tonnes of copper, progressed well in the Q1 of 2012. The mechanical construction for the oxide circuit 7.2 tonnes per annum upgrade was essentially complete.

He said that the circuit commissioning of leach and counter current decantation elements commenced in April and was expected to be completed during quarter two of 2012.