Rappel : Kansanshi to increase copper output

<<

bingogo

Administrateur du site

Message Ven 12 Aoû 2011 09:10

Rappel : Kansanshi to increase copper output

By Business Reporter

Kansanshi Mine in Solwezi is on course to increase the annual copper production capacity from the current 250,000 tonnes to 400,000 tonnes by end of 2014.

The mine has recorded 63 per cent increase in the gross operating profit for this year’s second quarter.

Announcing the 2011 second quarter financial and operational results, First Quantum Minerals (FQM) - the owner of Kansanshi Mine - stated that works were underway for the expansion of the production capacity for the North-Western Province based mine.

“Works have commenced at Kansanshi which are expected to expand the annual copper production capacity from 250,000 tonnes to 400,000 tonnes of copper by the end of 2014.

“The first element of this increase relates to the expansion of the oxide/leach facilities and will be undertaken in two stages. Stage one is expected to increase annual production capacity to approximately 285,000 tonnes,” partly reads the report released on Tuesday this week.

Under the same phase, FQM projects to expand the annual treatment capacity of the oxide circuit at Kansanshi to approximately 7.2 million tonnes by first quarter of next year.

Under stage two the oxide throughput will further increase to 12 million tonnes per annual by the end of 2012.

The stage one design is complete and construction is well underway.

“The second element of the increase is an expansion of the sulphide treatment facilities by construction of a new section of plant capable of treating 16 Mtpa of sulphide ore.

“Construction of this new plant will start in 2012 and continue until 2014, with all elements of the expansion to 400,000 tonnes per annum of copper expected to be complete by the end of 2014,” states the report.

Due to the substantial increase in production expected from the mine together with anticipated new production in Zambia including from the sentinel deposit, an evaluation is currently nearing completion to design a copper smelter at Kansanshi.

The smelter will be capable of processing 1.2 million tonnes of copper concentrate to produce over 300,000 tonnes of copper.
On the financial part, Kansanshi recorded a 63 per cent increase in gross operating profit on that of the second quarter of 2010.

This was as a result of higher copper and gold prices in the current period, offset partially by higher production costs.

rappel :

http://www.first-quantum.com/i/pdf/NR-11-21.pdf

Suite à ces chiffres nous voyons que les minority interest de la part de FQM ( Kansanshi) envers ZCCM-IH sont désormais de : 448.8 M US $ !!

Cette somme correspond à la part de bénéfices, après impôts et amortissement, de la part de Kansanshi mining, non encore versés à ZCCM-IH.
<<

mgauthi4

Message Ven 12 Aoû 2011 13:07

Re: Rappel : Kansanshi to increase copper output

Vivement la suite ....

Retourner vers About Kansanshi - First Quantum Minerals