Vale’s African production rises



Avatar de l’utilisateur

Membre d'honneur

Messages: 4352

Inscription: Jeu 14 Mai 2009 16:23

Message Ven 8 Aoû 2014 14:51

Vale’s African production rises

Vale’s African production rises
By: Keith Campbell
8th August 2014

Brazilian mining major Vale is also active in Zambia, where it is a partner in the Lubambe copper mine (previously known as the Konkola North Copper Project), in the Copperbelt province. To pursue copper projects in Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Vale formed a 50:50 joint venture (JV) with South African group African Rainbow Minerals. This JV holds 80% of Lubambe, with the remaining 20% held by the State-owned Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines Investment Holdings. (The JV also has the Lubambe Extension project and 80% of the Kalumines project in the DRC, with the other 20% owned by State-owned miner Gecamines.)

“Lubambe, our Zambian JV, is ramping up and delivering 6 900 t of copper in concentrates on a 100% basis (attributable production of 2 800 t),” reported Vale. “Lubambe has a nominal capacity of 45 000 t per year.” Lubambe’s 2Q14 production was 10.8% higher than in 1Q14 (when the amount attributable to Vale was 2 500 t) and 2.9% higher than Vale’s share of 2 700 t in 2Q13. Attributable production for the first half of this year amounted to 5 300 t, up 16.5% on the 4 600 t for the first semester of last year.
Ce que l'on conçoit bien, s'énonce clairement, Et les mots pour le dire arrivent aisément. BOILEAU


Messages: 887

Inscription: Sam 19 Sep 2009 09:49

Localisation: Nord de l'Alsace, dans le Parc Régional des Vosges du nord

Message Ven 8 Aoû 2014 17:47

Re: Vale’s African production rises

Merci pour cette info, Les Crozes,
...en bonne route aussi... petits deviendront grands comme le ruisseaux font les grandes rivières (voire fleuves ?)...


Retourner vers About Lubambe (ex Konnoco) - Vale / ARM

Powered by phpBB - Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore - Traduction par: