LCM employs more miners By NKWETO MFULA CHINA Non-ferrous M

<<

bingogo

Administrateur du site

Message Lun 26 Oct 2009 11:27

LCM employs more miners By NKWETO MFULA CHINA Non-ferrous M

LCM employs more miners
By NKWETO MFULA

CHINA Non-ferrous Mining Company (CNMC) has re-engaged 130 former miners, bringing the number so far employed at Luanshya Copper Mine to 1,730 from last month’s 1,600.

CNMC public relations officer Sydney Chileya said in an interview yesterday in Luanshya that an additional 12 people will be recruited to operate the newly-acquired 12 dump trucks.

The trucks were bought at a cost of US$3 million to boost operations at CNMC’s Baluba mine in Luanshya.

Mr Chileya said only 19 vacancies have remained to equal the 1,749 workers who were retrenched when former Luanshya Copper Mine owners, Enya Holdings, placed the mine under care and maintenance in January this year.

He said the dump trucks have since been delivered to Baluba Mine.

“Currently, we are recruiting drivers who will be driving the 12 dump trucks at the mine,” Mr Chileya said.

He said work at Baluba Mine is progressing well as planned by the company.

“Development is advancing well at Baluba, and production will start on December 15, 2009,” Mr Chileya said.

He said the 1,730 workers who have been re-engaged are helping with the development of the mine.
“People have jobs, and the economy of the district is slowly normalising,” Mr Chileya said.

He said by the end of December this year, US$95 million wil have been spent on the development of Baluba.

Mr Chileya said US$400 million investment capital will be spent on the recapitalisation of Baluba and Muliashi mines.

He said operations at Muliashi open pit mine are expected to begin in January next year.

Mr Chileya said currently, experts from China are working on the design of the mine.

He said a multi-billion Kwacha leach plant will also be constructed in Luanshya to boost mining activities.

LCM was placed under care and maintenance in January this year by Enya Holding following a drop in copper prices on the international market.

The move resulted in the loss of 1,749 jobs.
Government is the minority shareholder in LCM with 15 per cent shares, while CNMC holds 85 per cent shares.
<<

Clint

Message Lun 26 Oct 2009 14:38

Merci.Mais Faut dire qu'entre 15% de l'article

et 20% de Lungu ....on ne sait plus
« L'aventure n'existe pas. Elle est dans l'esprit de celui qui la poursuit, et dès qu'il peut la toucher du doigt, elle s'évanouit pour renaître bien plus loin, sous une autre forme, aux limites de l'imagination. »
( Pierre Mac Orlan )

Retourner vers About Luanshya & Chambishi - CNMC