Message Mer 19 Jan 2011 07:53

China Non Ferrous Mining to acquire dust control equipment f

China Non Ferrous Mining to acquire dust control equipment for Luanshya Copper Mine
Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011
EmailButton
Pdf_button

Chinese run Non Ferrous Mining Corporation spent more than USD 100,000 to acquire five dust suppression equipment to prevent mine emissions from getting into the atmosphere at its Luanshya Copper Mine in Zambia and help the country fight pollution of the environment.

Company spokesperson Mr Sydney Chileya in a statement said that the state of the art equipment would be mounted on the crushers at the concentrator section at Baluba Mine, one of its key copper producing units at the mine established in 1936.

The machines had been mounted on the crushers The procurement of the dust suppressions from South Africa was part of the USD 75 million overhauling of the Baluba Mine at the which the miner has spent about USD 4.5 million to rehabilitate the hoisting system intended to increase copper production at the underground mine. It was later fabricated locally to meet the company’s specifications in conformity with the environment.

It was the commitment of the China Non Ferrous run Luanshya mine to operate according to the provisions of the Environmental Protection and Pollution Control Act.

According to Mr Chileya, the installation of the equipment is aimed at increasing environmental compliance levels as CLM was committed to ensuring that pollution levels were reduced to acceptable levels. The mine would ensure the environment within which it operated was not affected negatively while at the same time maximizing production.

According to data, the mine plans to invest more than USD 420 million in rehabilitating Baluba mine while the Muliashi open pit copper project development is expected to gobble about USD 400 million before it is commissioned later this year and that construction of the Greenfield open pit was on course.

CNFMC took over the mine in Luanshya after Enya Holdings ceased operations during the global economic meltdown in 2009. More than 2,000 workers had been engaged and CLM has projected to employ more once the Muliashi copper project becomes operational before the end of this year.

And Luanshya Copper Mine said it has surpassed the 2010 targeted copper production level of 765,000 tones by producing 800,000 tonnes of copper ore to date.

Mr Robbert Kamanga deputy chief executive officer said a user friendly environment and good policies were responsible for an attractive outturn and a promising future. The company plans to start the recruitment exercise for the 1,000 jobs for the Muliashi mine ahead of the commissioning in December 2011.