Administrateur du site

Message Mer 7 Avr 2010 06:39

Hu urges more Chinese investments in Zambia By Abigail Chapo

Hu urges more Chinese investments in Zambia
By Abigail Chaponda in Ndola
Wed 07 Apr. 2010, 04:00 CAT [51 Reads, 0 Comment(s)]

Text size
Print
CHINESE President Hu Jintiao has directed Chinese investors to expand investment opportunities in Zambia.

And China Non-Ferrous Metals Mining (Group) of Companies president Luo Tao, who is also Luanshya Copper Mining president, has said former owners of Luanshya Copper Mine did not invest a lot of money in the mining company and that some equipment at the mine can no longer be used because they are old.

Meanwhile Copperbelt minister Mwansa Mbulakulima said that he believes that with the help of Chinese investment Copperbelt will be transformed.

Luo said when he paid a courtesy call on Mbulakulima that his company had invested $500 million in Luanshya Copper Mine and Chambeshi Metals.

“I am happy to be here and I am here for three things, the first one is that we have been instructed by President Hu Jintiao to expand more investment in Zambia. We are also here to implement the works at Luanshya Copper Mine. We want to thank the Zambian government for all our investment here on the Copperbelt and the support they have been giving us,” he said.

“I want to say that when President Rupiah Banda came to China he and President Hu Jintiao signed a cooperation agreement and President Banda was proud of our investments here in Zambia. We are going to support Zambia by creating more investments.”

Luo said with the support that his company was getting from the Zambian government and the workers from China and Zambia working hard, the investment that his company had brought to Zambia would be successful.

He said $42 million had been spent on buying of new modern equipment for Luanshya mine because most of the equipment is old.

“This year alone, we are going to use $300 million for modernisation of the equipment at Luanshya Copper mine and $300 million will be invested in Chambeshi metals. We have created 2,500 jobs in Luanshya. I can assure you that Chinese investment is very different from other investors and we will work hard to improve things on the Copperbelt and we are also going to up hold the laws and rules of the country,” he said.

Luo said he was going to make sure that he brought more investment in Zambia and that his company was going to work hard so that Zambians benefit from Chinese investment.

He said he had seen that President Banda’s government wanted to improve the livelihood of Zambians and that he too was going to help to improve the lives of people by creating more investment in the country.

And Mbulakulima said that five to ten years from now Copperbelt would be transformed not only in terms of Copper production but manufacturing as well because of Chinese investment.

He said he was happy that more investment was coming to Zambia and that the government was going to give the highest support to Chinese investment.

“I want to put it on record that we are going to give Chinese investment the highest support and we will give you great protection,” he said.
<<

bobded

Message Mer 7 Avr 2010 07:26

trad :

Hu demande plus d'investissements chinois en Zambie
Par Chaponda Abigail à Ndola
Mer 07 Apr. 2010, 04:00 CAT [51 lectures, 0 commentaire (s)]

Taille du texte
Imprimer
Le président chinois Hu Jintiao a dirigé les investisseurs chinois à élargir les possibilités d'investissement en Zambie.

Et la Chine des métaux non ferreux Mining (Group) de sociétés président Luo Tao, qui est également président de Luanshya Copper Mining, a dit les anciens propriétaires de la mine de cuivre Luanshya n'a pas investi beaucoup d'argent dans la compagnie minière et que certains équipements de la mine ne peuvent plus être utilisés parce qu'ils sont vieux.

Pendant ce temps Copperbelt ministre Mwansa Mbulakulima a déclaré qu'il croit que, avec l'aide des investissements chinois Copperbelt sera transformé.

Luo a dit quand il a effectué une visite de courtoisie à Mbulakulima que sa société avait investi 500 millions de dollars en Luanshya Copper Mine et des métaux Chambeshi.

«Je suis heureux d'être ici et je suis ici pour trois choses, la première est que nous avons été chargé par le président Hu Jintiao d'élargir davantage d'investissements en Zambie. Nous sommes également ici pour mettre en œuvre les travaux à Luanshya Copper Mine. Nous tenons à remercier le gouvernement zambien pour tous nos investissements ici sur la Copperbelt et le soutien qu'ils nous ont donné, dit-il.

«Je tiens à dire que lorsque le président Rupiah Banda est venu en Chine lui et le président Hu Jintiao signé un accord de coopération et le président Banda était fier de nos investissements ici en Zambie. Nous allons soutenir la Zambie en créant davantage d'investissements. "

Luo a indiqué que, avec le soutien que sa compagnie recevait du gouvernement zambien et les travailleurs en provenance de Chine et la Zambie travaille dur, l'investissement que son entreprise avait apporté à la Zambie sera couronnée de succès.

Il a dit que 42 millions de dollars a été dépensée pour l'achat d'équipement moderne pour les nouveaux mine Luanshya parce que la plupart de l'équipement est vieux.

«Cette année seulement, nous allons utiliser 300 millions de dollars pour la modernisation de l'équipement à la mine de cuivre Luanshya et 300 millions de dollars seront investis dans les métaux Chambeshi. Nous avons créé 2500 emplois en Luanshya. Je peux vous assurer que les investissements chinois est très différent de d'autres investisseurs et nous allons travailler dur pour améliorer les choses sur la Copperbelt et nous allons également organiser des lois et des règles du pays, dit-il.

Luo a dit qu'il allait faire en sorte que il a apporté davantage d'investissements en Zambie et que son entreprise allait travailler dur pour que les Zambiens bénéficier des investissements chinois.

Il a dit qu'il avait vu que le gouvernement du président Banda a voulu améliorer la vie des Zambiens et que lui aussi allait contribuer à améliorer la vie des gens en créant davantage d'investissements dans le pays.

Et Mbulakulima a indiqué que cinq à dix ans à partir de maintenant Copperbelt serait transformé non seulement en termes de production de cuivre, mais la fabrication ainsi que des investissements chinois.

Il a dit qu'il était heureux que plus l'investissement est entrée en Zambie et que le gouvernement allait donner le meilleur soutien aux investissements chinois.

«Je tiens à dire officiellement que nous allons donner l'investissement chinois le plus grand soutien et nous v

Retourner vers About Luanshya & Chambishi - CNMC