More Chinese investment heads to Luanshya By Times Reporter

<<

bingogo

Administrateur du site

Message Mar 30 Mar 2010 07:20

More Chinese investment heads to Luanshya By Times Reporter

More Chinese investment heads to Luanshya

By Times Reporter

CHINA Nonferrous Mining Group Corporation (CNMC) will inject US$300 million more into the operations of China Nonferrous Metal Company Luanshya Copper Mines (CLM) to expand production at the mine.

CNMC president Luo Tao said in an interview upon arrival at Ndola International Airport yesterday that his company had always prioritised development in Zambia and that the injection of the $300 million into the Luanshya mine was aimed at expanding and improving production at the mine.

A total of $38 million had been spent in the refurbishing of the surface and underground infrastructure at the time President Rupiah Banda commissioned the resumption of production last year.

Initially, $90 million had been earmarked for the rehabilitation of both Baluba and Mulyashi mines.

Mr Luo said his delegation would visit the mine in Luanshya and study how to further develop it.

Mr Luo, who led the delegation of 13, which included government officials, CNMC officials and entrepreneurs from the group that met President Banda when he recently visited China, said the visit by the Zambian president to that country had yielded positive results.

He said his team was in Zambia to inspect the Chinese investment performance and explore more investment opportunities.

Mr Luo said his delegation, which would inspect the Chinese CNMC investment on the Copperbelt before proceeding to Lusaka, would be in Zambia for half a month.

“President Banda made a very successful trip to China which was even appreciated by our President Hu. Important issues were discussed between the two presidents, which we have now come to implement.

I must say as the Chinese we were honoured by President Banda’s visit, especially that the two presidents even witnessed the signing of the various important agreements which will be beneficial to both countries,” Mr Luo said.

While in Zambia, Mr Luo and his delegation would meet President Banda and report back to President Hu over the progress of the implementation of the ZCCZ.

The delegation would also meet Mines Minister Maxwell Mwale, Commerce, Trade and Industry Minister Felix Mutati and Finance Minister Situmbeko Musokotwane.

Vice-mayor of Linquin City of Shandong Province Wang Xiaohua is also part of the delegation, which was met at Ndola Airport by Copperbelt Province assistant secretary Steven Lindunda.
<<

bobded

Message Mar 30 Mar 2010 07:38

trad

lus d'investissements chinois se dirige vers Luanshya par le Times Reporter
Plus d'investissements chinois se dirige vers Luanshya

Par Times Reporter

China Nonferrous Mining Group Corporation (CNMC) va injecter 300 millions $ US de plus dans les activités de China Nonferrous Metal Company Luanshya Copper Mines (CLM) afin d'étendre la production à la mine.

CMCN président Luo Tao a déclaré dans une interview à l'arrivée à l'aéroport international de Ndola, hier, que sa compagnie a toujours la priorité au développement en Zambie et que l'injection de 300 millions de dollars dans la mine Luanshya visait à élargir et à améliorer la production à la mine.

Un total de 38 millions de dollars avaient été dépensés dans la rénovation des infrastructures de surface et souterraines à l'époque le Président Rupiah Banda a commandé la reprise de la production l'an dernier.

Initialement, 90 millions de dollars avaient été alloués pour la réhabilitation des deux Baluba et les mines Mulyashi.

M. Luo a indiqué que sa délégation souhaiterait visiter la mine en Luanshya et d'étudier comment le développer.

M. Luo, qui a dirigé la délégation de 13, qui comprenait des représentants du gouvernement, les fonctionnaires et les entrepreneurs CMCN du groupe qui a rencontré le président Banda lors d'une récente visite en Chine, a déclaré la visite du président de la Zambie vers ce pays ont donné des résultats positifs.

Il a déclaré que son équipe s'est rendue en Zambie pour inspecter le rendement des investissements chinois et d'explorer davantage de possibilités d'investissement.

M. Luo a indiqué que sa délégation, qui serait inspecter les investissements chinois dans le Copperbelt CMCN avant de procéder à Lusaka, en Zambie serait un demi-mois.

"Le président Banda a fait un voyage très réussi à la Chine qui a même été appréciée par notre Président Hu Jintao. Des questions importantes ont été discutés entre les deux présidents, que nous sommes arrivés à mettre en œuvre.

Je dois dire que les Chinois nous ont été honorés par la visite du président Banda, notamment, que les deux présidents ont même assisté à la signature des différents accords importants qui seront bénéfiques aux deux pays ", a déclaré M. Luo.

Bien que la Zambie, M. Luo et sa délégation rencontrera le président Banda et de faire rapport au président Hu sur les progrès de l'application de la ZCCZ.

La délégation rencontrera également le ministre des Mines Maxwell Mwale, Commerce, Industrie et du Commerce Felix Mutati ministre et ministre des Finances Situmbeko Musokotwane.

Vice-maire de Linquin ville de province de Shandong, Wang Xiaohua fait également partie de la délégation, qui a été accueilli à l'aéroport de Ndola, Copperbelt Province secrétaire adjoint Steven Lindunda.

Retourner vers About Luanshya & Chambishi - CNMC